Do you ever get that feeling that you're disconnected from your partner? You don't feel that you can be yourself around them, you're walking on eggshells because any comment could lead to an argument, intimacy has gone down the drain, and you feel lonely. If you ever have, or currently are experiencing these feelings, that means you need to work on strengthening your connection. Here are a few tips to help you out!
1. Put away electronics. I feel like I'm constantly telling you guys to put the electronics away, but that's because I truly feel that they have become one of the worst distractions for relationships. Just put them AWAY and give your partner undivided attention.
2. Cook a nice meal together. Have a little fun going through a recipe book, choose a meal to make, and have fun cooking together.
3. Don't be afraid to apologize first. If you both get into a tiff, be the bigger person and simply apologize for your part.
4. Work on that physical connection. Hold hands, cuddle, stretch your legs on them when you're sitting on the couch, give them a bear hug, etc.
5. Show compassion when they're expressing their feelings. If they're opening up, be kind and show them that you are there for them.
6. Have fun! Do all of the things you love to do together. Have fun and laugh a lot.
It's not abnormal to feel disconnected from your partner, especially with the way things are today. We are bombarded with work, social media, video games, TV shows, family, friends, just so many distractions that take us away from connecting with our partner. Whenever you feel that disconnect, keep these tips in mind to help bring you back that connection again.